Preparing Documents for Bulk Marketing
This will show you how to prepare a document in your word processing function of the TARGET
system, for bulk marketing, by creating a format block and a tab ruler. Also to add attributes to
the beginning of the document, including name, company and address.
Creating a New Document
- Enter Word Processing from your main menu
- Select #2, Create a New Document
- Enter the document name and any other information
- Press ESC twice
Now you have created a document, follow the next steps carefully, as they will tell you how to
format the document correctly.
Formatting the Document
Adding the FORMAT Line:
- Press F1 (this is the COMMAND key)
- Press F (sets up the format line)
- Press Y to answer the question at the top of the screen:
- Add a Format Line? (Y/N)
- Press ESC twice, an oversized + sign will appear
- Hit RETURN
Adding the TAB Line:
- Press F1
- Press T (sets up the tab line)
- Press Y to answer the question at the opt of the screen:
- Add a Tab Line? (Y/N)
- Use the RIGHT ARROW to position the cursor on top of the 4 (you can put any number in here, to
set the tab wherever you want)
- Press T (the tab stop is now set at column 40 (this will change depending on what number you
- Hit RETURN
- An = sign will appear
- Hit RETURN to position the cursor underneath the = sign
- Hit TAB
- Start Typing (this would be a place for the date, since you used the TAB key)
- Hit RETURN twice (you should be at the beginning of a new line, with an empty line above)
*NOTE*: You must always have a FORMAT line and a TAB line in every word processing
document that you wish to TCOMM/FAX.
Adding Address Information to the Document
You may add the address information of the person/people you are sending the letter to on the top
of your document. To do so, press F5 (the ATTRIBUTE key), press @, and then enter a number between
1 and 8.
- 1 = Contact Name
- 2 = Company Name
- 3 = Address Line 1
- 4 = Address Line 2
- 5 = City, State, Zip (all on one line)
- 6 = Country
- 7 = Phone Number (before entering this, type TEL: on the line)
- 8 = Fax Number (before entering this, type FAX: on the line)
After adding the format and tab lines and adding the address information to the top of the
document, you may begin to write your letter.
To Send the Document:
- Enter the BACK OFFICE MENU
- Select #32, PROSPECT LIST GENERATOR
- Select #11, PROSPECT LIST (multi choice)
- Fill in the correct information to whomever you want to send the document to
- Select either BULK E-MAIL or BULK FAX to send the document
- Choose "Y" in the field FILL IN ATTRIBUTES?, this will add in the address information you put
on the top of the document you created.
- Hit F2 when you are done, and the document you just created will be sent.