TARGET Sales Management System - Application Notes
Adding a User on the CDMS System
Tell the Operating System about a New User:
1. Log on as SYSTEM (and enter your special password).
Assign the New User a Menu:
3. This puts up a screen. Press the letter A key to ADD a new user.
4. Enter new user's name (NO SPACES ALLOWED) in the ACCOUNT NAME field.
5. Enter HSI in the SYNONYM ACCOUNT field.
6. Enter new user's password in the PASSWORD field.
7. Enter 5 in the PRIVILEGE LEVEL field.
8. Press return to skip to the PROMPT= field under environment variables.
9. Enter new user's name and the > after the PROMPT= Erase the other characters that were in that
field. It will now say PROMPT=NAME>
10. Press the F10 key to save this new user's information.
11. This will bring you back to the original menu; use the "S" choice to save and exit.
12. Give the new user his menu. Pick an established user name that has the same menu you as your
new person. Type this at the system prompt:
Set Up New User for Memos (* Not for Additional Users *):
COPY SYSTEM.CMD32.NAME =.=.NEWBIE
13. At the system prompt, type: CDMS
Set Up the New User for Word Processing (* Not for Additional Users *):
14. Go into MEMOS. Choose #10 on the menu and then take the choice for user maintenance.
15. Put in the new user account name (the SAME as in step 4). Also add their full name.
16. Exit MEMOS and exit CDMS.
17. BYE (may not be necessary on some systems).
18. Log on as HSI (enter the SYSTEM special password). When you get to the prompt, type:
Set Up New User in TARGET:
CREATE NAME.MWRITE:S (LIB SIZE 100)
19. Log out by typing BYE.
20. Log on as yourself. Enter the BACK OFFICE MENU. Take #88, SYSTEM CONTROLS.
21. Select #12, USER MAINTENANCE. Take the ADD choice. Enter the new user account name (the SAME
as in step 4). Enter full name, sales rep initials AND set the full machine display to Y.
22. Exit USER MAINTENANCE. Exit SYSTEM CONTROLS MENU. Exit BACK OFFICE.
Return to topic list |
Return to TARGET page |
Return to HSI homepage