New THEOS WorkStation Software
Getting the software
Download the software from our FTP server by clicking HERE.
You may save it in any folder on your Windows machine as long as you remember where you put it.
Installing the software
Before you start the installation, close all other running programs because the final step in the
installation will be to restart your computer.
Use Windows Explorer to find the file you downloaded in the step above (it will be called tws234.exe).
When you find it, double-click it to execute the program.
At this point you will be prompted to restart your computer. When your computer restarts, do the
- Click Next to start the installation
- Click OK to choose English
- Click Next in the InstallShield Wizard
- Click Next on the Choose Destination window
- Click Next on the Program Folder window
- Click Desktop then Next on the Setup Type window
Your new TWS software should now be installed and ready to run.
- Double-click the new icon to start the program
- Configure your system as follows
- Options: Only Status Bar and Show Menu should be checked
- Options, Save Profile: Do not save profile should be checked
- Configuration, Display: select font 8514oem, size 11 or 14
- Configuration, Preferences: enter IP address of your server with a :3256 at the end.
- Configuration, Preferences: check Exit on Disconnection and Autodisconnect boxes
- Configuration, Preferences: set slave printer number and class as in your old configuration
- Configuration, Special Keys: check the F1 box
- Use File, Save As to save your configuration as tws.tpf.
- Use the X to close the window
- Right-click the program icon, then select Properties; on the Target: line, go to the end of the
name displayed, enter a space, then add tws.tpf to the end. Click Apply when done. While you are
doing this, check that the "start in" folder is set correctly. If not, copy and paste from the line