that sends a VCard for that prospect
to the email address for the current user. You can use this as a way to import the contact information
for a single prospect into your email client program.
2. The Prospect Tracking (F4) "E" screen now has the "8" function to select a machine and go to Machine
Inquiry (F8). The "H" function has both the "5" and "8" functions.
3. The F9 "G" (get a copy of machine from UEN) will now bring back all pictures rather than only the
first one. Pictures will be assigned the same letter as the original.
4. You may now send a copy of an HTML-style quote to another recipient in the same way as the text
5. The stock list email is now based on an html file stored on your TARGET system just as the html
quotes are. The supplied default file looks like the previous version of the stock list, but you may
now have any number of custom formats with graphics, colors, or whatever you want. Email or call Kathy
if you would like a custom stock list format.
Two control file variables can be set to specify the default form to be used for stock lists. STKLFB
controls bulk stock lists and STKLFS is for single lists. We suggest not changing these settings unless
you have had a special version of the stock list made for your system.
Note that if you answer "N" to show price or show location, the position in the stock list format will
still exist but will be empty. Each machine will occupy two lines even if there is no additional data
to display. This is a result of the requirement to have a pre-formatted html file to control the layout
of the email. If you often use the stock list to send wanteds, you might want to have us design a simple
form with one line per listing for this purpose.
6. The "take list" concept has been expanded. Previously this was limited to a single category and the
list was cleared if you changed categories in F8. Now the list can include items from different categories
and is cleared only when you return to the sales menu. This means you can use the same take list for
several prospects. Note that if you select items from multiple categories using the Take function and
send a stock list, the items on the list will be sorted in the standard UEN order (category first, then
size, etc). The take list is limited to a maximum of 50 machines.
7. Need to see what is currently on your take list? Go to F8 and enter a "T" in the machine number field.
Your current take list will become the current match list and you can forward/back your way through it.
As you are doing this, you can use the Take function to remove items from the list; if you do this, the
* will disappear at the top of the screen but the machine will still be in the Forward/Back match list
until you refresh it by putting a T in the machine number field again. The take list is updated
immediately but you will only see the result in the F/B match list if you refresh the list with the T.
8. The Preload function in letter maintenance has been changed so that lines will be used only when data
is available so there will not be any blank line in the middle of preloaded prospect data. The preloaded
data will always start on line 6 and will occupy as many lines as necessary after that to hold the data.
9. Quote inquiry (F6) now has Forward/Back choices as appropriate as well as a "5(qm)" choice that asks
for a quote number and then takes you to the F5 screen for that quote
10. In previous versions, when looking at a resolved (FS) quote in F5, the boiler plates used in the
original quote did not show. Now they do.
11. There is a new control variable B41TYP which defines the default machine types used in the machine
search in the Machine Maintenance function (back office 41). This is set to ISKWBX in the release but
you can select any types in any order by changing the content of this variable. Of course you can still
override the default when you do the search.
12. A new control variable QPETOP (default value N) if set to Y will put your company name/address/etc
info at the top of a text format email quote instead of at the bottom.
13. A new control variable AD4DFS gives advertising codes to be applied automatically (but you can
override of course) to entered dealer for sale machines. This mirrors the use of the AD4EUS which has
been in the system for years. Default value for AD4DFS is the minus sign.