TARGET Revision 23.1
1. The Prospect Maintenance (F3) screen has a new function L that triggers a request to Mapquest to
show the prospect's location on a map. This only works for domestic prospects that have a ZIP Code. If
address line one is non-blank, this will be used for mapping. If it is blank, a generic map for the ZIP
Code will be shown.
2. The output file for the "File for DOS Transfer" option in the Prospect List Generator (Back Office 32)
has been changed in several ways. The filename will now be based on the requesting username rather than
always called just "prospect" so multiple users can produce files at the same time. Also, the file type
is now CSV rather than TXT. The general format of the file is the same, but a new field has been added.
The order of fields in the file is now:
3. The F9 C function was copying several fields that should not have been copied, including the
last confirmation date and dealer number. This has been fixed.
- Company name
- Address line 1
- Address line 2
- Address line 3
- Country code
- Contact name
- Contact telephone
- Contact cell
- Contact home
- Contact email
- Web address
- Prospect type (D,E,etc)
- Country name
- Customer code
- Vendor code
- Selection codes
- OK to bulk mail?
- OK to bulk fax?
- OK to bulk email?
- Contact cell number
- Contact home number (NEW)
4. The Stock List (one prospect version in F11) now allows a nag date to be set when the list is sent.
5. There is a new output choice under Prospect List by Machines (32/12) called Machine File. This is a
CSV file with one record per selected machine. Fields are:
6. The various searches in the Prospect List Generator (Back Office 32) can now be stopped before they
finish. If you hit any key during the search you will be asked if you want to stop. Answer N to continue,
Y to stop the search.
- Machine number
- UED category
- Type (I,S,K,X,etc)
- N=new, U=used
- Manufacturer (if category has this as sort field)
- Model (if category has this as sort field)
- In-house description
- Prospect name
- Prospect city
- Prospect state
- Prospect ZIP
- Prospect country code
- Prospect type (D,E)
- Prospect area/region
- Prospect salesman
7. In Prospect Tracking (F4) there are two new options 5(qm) and 8(mi). The format of the options display
has been changed to eliminate the <> to make more room for options. The new options ask for a quote
number (5 which then goes to quote maintenance F5) or machine number (8 which then goes to machine
inquiry F8) and then take you directly to the proper screen with that item selected. This is analogous
to the function of the Ltr option we introduced a few releases ago.
8. This is not a change to the system, but we thought it useful to repeat some information about boiler
plates, signatures, and the like. Generally speaking, boiler plate #1 is intended for general information
and boiler plate #2 is intended to be used as a signature. On text format quotes, the default value for
boiler #1 is taken from the control file based on the machine type (IKS); the idea here is that inventory
machines might be offered with terms diferent from those used with brokerage machines. Boiler #2 default
is taken from the user maintenance screen and depends on the logon name.
If there is no boiler #2 selected for a text format email quote, the system appends a basic signature
generated from the information we have on the user producing the quote. It is best to use the boiler #2
method of signing a text quote. If you try to use boiler #1 as the signature on a text format email
quote and don't have a boiler #2, you will get two signatures (probably different) at the bottom of the
For HTML format email quotes, the form of the signature is based on the codes set up in the HTML quote
template file. The salesman's name, email address, etc can appear and are always based on the logon name
that is generating the quote.
9. In the various prospect list generator choices (Back Office 32) choice 11 "Reselect this list" will
no longer blank the choices used in the previous selection. If you want to start a new selection with
all blank fields, use the up arrow to return to the prospect generator menu.