TARGET Revision 21.1
Release 21 means TARGET is now old enough to drink!
1. The Stock List email program now generates prospect tracking (F4) comment when you send one.
2. The UEN update program was sometimes advertising "borrowed" machines even if they didn't have the
"#". This has been fixed.
3. The report of machines by serial number was doing odd things; this now works correctly.
4. The serial number search also now ignores all punctuation, so only letters and numbers are considered
in the match process. Don't know how to search by S/N? Instead of the usual ? search, try entering a #.
5. When you send a copy of a quote by email to a second prospect, the system now puts part of the
machine description into the resulting prospect tracking line in the recipient's record.
6. In machine entry and machine inquiry (F9/F8) the ? category search now looks at all words in the
category title, not just the beginning string. As an example, "engine" will now match "lathes, engine".
7. There is a new back office function (47) Transfer S/X Machine. This allows you to move a machine (but
only S/X machines) from one prospect to another. Each prospect gets a tracking line that shows the
transfer from/to information.
8. The ? prospect search now has a comments field. This is matched against the comments fields in the
prospect (F3) record. Note that the entire string is tested so it's usually better to enter just a
9. TARGET & UEN now support WMV movie files instead of MPG files. The change was made because WMV files
are smaller and for most users start playing immediately rather than waiting until the entire file has
been downloaded. The conversion process will create a new directory on your TARGET system named WMV. As
with MPG files, just name your movie 1234.wmv (1234 being the machine number) and put the file in the
WMV directory (with Session,Transfer). The next UEN update will send the movie to UEN and to your web
site. WMV files can be up to 8Mb in size which should be more than one minute of good quality video. By
default, WMV files are never included in quotes. We suggest not sending them in emails; let the quote
recipient follow the link to see the movie.
10. The new R function in prospect tracking (F4) is used to mark a referral for a prospect. The
system assumes you have the referred customer on screen in F4 and it will ask you for the referring
prospect. Tracking entries are made in each prospect and each entry references the other prospect name.
If a machine is sold to a prospect with a referral on record, the referral will print on the final sale
11. In the Sales Manager you may now specify # as prospect type, meaning ALL types in addition to the
usual D,E,*, etc.