TARGET Revision 20.1
Happy 20th Birthday, TARGET
Yes, TARGET is 20 years old now; the first commercial release of the TARGET software was in March of
1986. Just think, one more year and TARGET will be old enough to drink.
1. Because there were some broken email clients out there (mostly Outlook) that couldn't handle
multipart emails with only one part, we have changed the email attachment headers slightly to avoid
having people as where the "missing" attachment was. TARGET now also supports sending TIF files as
attachments to emails.
2. There is a new field in Machine Maintenance (and displayed in Machine Inquiry) called "WARR". This is
to support warranty programs. At the moment, the UEN web site system supports using "H" in this field to
show the HSB warranty logo on your web site. This will also soon be available on UEN. The next release
of TARGET will support extensions to the quote system to show this on quotes also. Note that the HSB
program is now available to all dealers rather than being restricted to MDNA members. We receive a list
from HSB each month of participating dealers but if you have just signed up please them to notify us.
3. In F3/F4 if you use the "?" search to find a prospect, you may now stop the search by hitting any key
while it is running. You will be asked if you want to stop or continue.
4. Machine Inquiry (F8) now allows use of the Confirm function even if the prospect does not have an
email address on file. The Avail function still requires and email address.
5. The Prospect List report now has a much smaller page heading on the second and following pages to put
more prospects on each page.
6. The email bulk quote sending screen did funny things with the display of the picture attachments.
This is now fixed.
7. The F4 H(istory) function was showing some improper quotes. This is fixed.
8. The Sales Manager Report no longer reports automatic NS resolutions resulting from sales or scraps.
This saves a tree or two. It also shows the * next to nagged items now.
9. A new control code QPICTB offers for bulk quotes the same default options for pictures as QPICTS does
for single quotes. This allows the defaults to different for the two cases.
10. Machine Inquiry (F8) will now show invisible text in specification only if the full display key has
been hit first. If not, there is no indication that there is invisible text so it's a good idea to hit
the full display key whenever you can before viewing the specs. It also shows the PO number field.
11. The various programs that allow searches on machines will no longer wait for a lock on a machine
record. The only wait that will be experienced will be in programs that allow modification of the
machine record and then only after you select the Modify choice.
12. The detailed Machine List (back office, 13/11) now shows the purchase order number. A new report
choice H(idden) shows the hidden text in the specifications; this is in addition to the usual B(rief)
and F(ull) choices.
13. The ? prospect search in F3/F4 has been modified and the fields are in a different order. In addition,
you may now leave prospect type blank to match all. The D/C/F and ZIP fields have been removed.