TARGET Revision 17.3
1. You now have considerably increased control over the amount of information that is displayed in
Machine Inquiry (F8) when a machine is first selected. The new control variable F8DISP controls
this display. By default, it is set to "000" which means it works the way it always did.
Each of the three positions in the content of this control variable may have a value of 0, 1, or
2. The three positions correspond to I, K, and S machines in that order. The value controls the
intial information display as follows:
0 = suppress all extra fields (no change from current system)
1 = display location, serial, dates
2 = also display JV info and cost/value fields
Most users will probably want a value of 110 for this variable, but we leave this up to you.
2. The whole "don't have to hit ENTER in F3/F4" business has turned out to be more trouble than it
is worth for many users. This is now an option, controlled by the variable F3F4AUTO. The first
position controls F3 the second F4. "Y" means the ENTER key is automatic, anything else means it
isn't. The new default for this is "NN" which means the ENTER key is *NOT* automatic for either
screen. If you want it to be, change the control variable contents accordingly.
Note that using the K option on either F3 or F4 will ALWAYS make the system forget all the
stuff it was remembering for you, like the current machine number, search parameters, etc.
3. The Machine Listing function (BACK OFFICE, MACHINE REPORTS) now has an option to print the
hidden part of specifications.
4. When the contact to whom a quote is addressed has a private fax number, that number will now print
on the quote.
5. The advertising list by selection code displayed selection codes that were no longer in use;
this has been fixed.
6. In Machine Inquiry (F8) the W and K options didn't work under some circumstances; this
has been fixed.
7. The UEN update was sending PDFs every time instead of only when they changed; this has been fixed.
8. The quote and letter maintenance programs now track the contact number used and fill it in
properly for subsequent quotes and/or letters.
9. Control code AD4EUW controls automatic advertising of end user wanteds just as AD4EUS does for
end user for-sales. Default is blank.